* 1 million SF development
* Approximately 220,000 SF of retail
* 297 condos
* 196 apartments
* 132 - Room Westin Element Hotel
* Parking for more than 3,000 vehicles
* Seven acres of green space in expanded and revitalized Turner Park
* December 2010 completion
* $300+ million project
After a nationwide search, Mutual of Omaha selected ECI Investment Advisors, Inc. to create a strategic alliance to implement Mutual of Omaha's vision for the redevelopment of its East Campus.
Guided by the principles and objectives outlined in the Destination Midtown study, Midtown Crossing at Turner Park was developed in a socially conscious manner that positively impacts the Midtown area of Omaha and acts as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization. Some of the principles that the development plan embraced include:
* Development of residential uses that will help diversify the current housing inventory
* Creation of a pedestrian-oriented retail environment and presence to provide a variety of goods, services and entertainment alternatives for the Midtown residents
* Traffic improvements along Dodge and Farnam Streets to enhance vehicular and pedestrian access without compromising comfort and safety
* Improve green spaces and park areas that are important public amenities to the neighborhood.
The development plan was designed to complement the surrounding residential areas. Careful consideration was given to both the placement and scale of the new buildings to incorporate generous sidewalks and landscape areas along both Dodge and Farnam Streets. Retail uses are being pursued which will support an active urban lifestyle. At the same time, safety concerns, such as adequate street lighting on both the vehicular and pedestrian areas, and sufficient dedicated off-street parking facilities are integral to the plan.
The goal of the development plan is to lead the resurgence of Midtown Omaha, making Midtown the urban residential and entertainment choice in Omaha. The completion of this project represents the first step to make the Destination Midtown study a reality, and achieve the vision of not only ECI and Mutual of Omaha, but also of those surrounding local businesses, institutions and residents who have already invested their time, effort and capital in this redevelopment strategy. Midtown Crossing at Turner Park will identify Midtown as one of the few locations within the Omaha metropolitan area where residents can work, shop and play within walking distance of home.